I am obsessed with ice cream. I think it is better than chocolate and fizzy drinks. I could eat it daily if given the chance. And since I'm off for three long months and have nothing but time on hand I decided to experiment a little with food. And of course being the lazy bum I am, I had to choose the easiest way to come up with hassle free ice cream.
I came across some recipes where frozen fruits were turned into creamy ice cream. So I tried with making ice cream with banana and mango.
Here is a quick recipe tutorial, Enjoy!
Things you require:
- Mango/or any pulpy fruit (berries would be great too)
- Sugar (optional)
- A very hungry stomach!
- cut your fruit into cubes or pieces and freeze them for 3+ hours (overnight is good too)
- Puree your fruit in a blender or food processor (should be powerful to enough to work on frozen fruit)
- Mix 1tbs cream and sugar quantity of your choice and add to the blender (no cream required for banana ice cream)
|Cut your fruit into cubes and freeze|
|put it in a strong blender/food factory|
|Don't freak out if your fruit looks like this. You can add cream from the start|
|Cream+ sugar quantity of your preference|
|I couldn't find my ice cream scoop hence a deformed ice cream picture|
- You can freeze the ice cream for further 30 minutes to make it harder. Just take a fork and blend it again as ice will be forming on the edges.
- Add fun ingredients like coconut, nutella, or cinnamon to your ice creams to create a variety of flavours.
- Instead of cream use yoghurt (in more quantity) to make your own frozen yoghurt!